Thursday, September 12, 2024

Cover Up

When I first saw the top photo, I thought it was Andreas George, but it was labeled Fred Bortnik.  I never realized they looked so similar.  

I was reminded of a post I made on Tumblr before they went south.  The middle photo shows Fred posing by a pool wearing a light colored pouch.  The bottom photo is from the same shoot, but someone had darkened Fred's pouch.  I guess he was showing a little too much for the censors.  In fairness, Fred did have a lot to stuff in that pouch.  

I know Fred posed for Lon of NY, but I'm not sure any of these photos are from LoNY.  








6 comments:

  1. Fred Bortnik photographed by Lon of New York in 1955 is the 1st photo you have posted here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that one was LoNY. The other ones might be him, too. When I put this on Tumblr a reader had the details. If I recall correctly, the pool belonged to a friend of the photographer.

      Delete
    2. All 3 photos that you posted are Fred Bortnik but the 1st photo was the only Lon of New York. I think you are right about the friend letting the Photographer use his Pool. I just no longer remember who the Photographer was. Photo 3 actually has Fred Bortnik printed into the Photo background.!

      Delete
  2. Fred Bortnik also posed for a little known physique Photographer named Jack Sydney of Brooklyn New York who was active only from 1950 to 1959. Sydney was the Editor of BRAWN Magazine which published just 3 Issues and went out of business. Sydney was the Lover of one of his Models Jack Mercury. I think photo 2 and 3 of Fred Bortnik are by Jack Sydney of Brooklyn New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred Bortnick also posed for Bob Anthony of NYC. There is a great collection of his photos at the Collectors Realm 3 website….:)

    ReplyDelete