Monday, March 13, 2023

Character Analysis

My friend Jerry posted this photo over at VMM a couple of days ago.  It's a still from the AMG film Boys and the Snake Woman released in 1965.  Debbie Smith played the snake woman who tempts the boys with fruit, then transforms into a snake.  (Take that Cecil B. DeMille!)

The Mizer blurb states the snake belonged to Doug and Debbie was his ex-wife.  (Doug's ex, not the snake's.)  Yet, in another promotion for this film, we were told they were married to each other at the time.  To help confuse matters, Debbie was the ex-wife of Lou La Venture.  I know, it sounds like an episode of Dynasty.  

Here's the part that gave me pause.  Mizer helpfully included Subjective Character Analysis for both guys.  Ron's codes say he was married, lazy and charged a premium for his services.  Doug's characters state he was ambivalent in his choice of partners -- translation: he played with both teams -- and Mizer gave him the star of approval. 

Personally, I think Mizer mistakenly reversed the guys' codes.  Doug was the married guy and I know Mizer mentioned he was somewhat lacking in enthusiasm in some other issue of PP magazine.  Ron, on the other hand, was not married.  This was Ron's first film and he went on to make many more at AMG and Wyngate & Bevins.  In fact, Ron starred in Boy In The Gilded Cage, one of Mizer's first full nude films released four years after Snake Woman.  Lazy?  I don't think so.  Switch hitter?  I think that's quite feasible. 



5 comments:

  1. RON WALLACE was in an AMG short film called "Thieving CowBoy" in 1964 where Bob Mizer gave his secret sex codes for RON. Mizer said that RON claimed to like Women but that he was strictly a TOP with Men sexually and he was an Enthusiastic LOVER.! That jives with what you said about the codes being switched.! From what I have read RON was a Switch hitter and enjoyed sex with Men and Women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought as much. Thanks for the confirmation.

      Delete
    2. In fact from what I have read RON fooled around with almost every AMG Model he made a Short Film with if they were amenable.

      Delete
  2. It's fun to get an in depth background on a picture that I posted almost in passing. Thanks, James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure I've seen the photo somewhere, but I never noticed the characters until now.

      Delete