Sunday, March 26, 2023

More Brothers

Jerry over at VMM posted the top photo of this post yesterday in his tribute to vintage model Andy Kozak, the guy on the right.  He identified the other model as Andy's brother, Steve.  OK...hit the brakes and pull over!  Andy had a brother who also posed?  After I picked up my jaw from the floor I knew I had to investigate.  

I know Andy was one of the very early AMG models. One source stated he first posed for AMG in the late 1940s.  The other photo in this post was identified as Andy at AMG and it's a great photo.  You'll notice the floor is different, but there's that same background, posing pouch and chain.  OK, confirmed.  It's AMG.  By the way, there was some discussion on whether the photo was censored or if they were wearing pouches.  I originally thought they were censored, but now I say it's the real thing. 

Alas I could not find any other photos of Steve, but Brian did and sent them to me.  (Yay!)  So tune in tomorrow to see more of Andy's hot brother.  Oh, and Andy too, of course.  Silly me. 




6 comments:

  1. Needless to say, I'm following this with great interest. Perhaps the posing straps were made before Mama Mizer honed her tailoring skills. The slightly ragged look in the photo I posted threw several viewers off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing about Mother Mizer.

      Delete
  2. Kozak had class and was so classic. Mizer's best models were from those early days (1940s-1950s) with many men in great shape because of WW2 and Korea, and the physique culture of those times. As for the posing pouches, Mizer was lucky to have Delia for a mom, could you imagine asking your own mother to make them, let alone having men coming to HER house to pose nude for you !
    The posing pouches on the bros Kozak look like they are gathered at the top edge because that's where the string goes through it....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if the pouches were see through & then had to be inked in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy Kozak appeared in several early albums and catalogs, his own and then supporting Larry Farrell, Ben Sorensen, and Forrester Millard (as well as, later, Richard Du Bois). I have examples from all of those later sessions.

    ReplyDelete