Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Tempus Fugit

Recently a follower asked me to identify the very first I made to this blog.  He wanted to start from the very beginning and read each post to present day.  I had to dig a bit and was surprised to learn my first post was all the way back on December 15, 2018.  Today I am reposting some of the first images of this blog.  Think of it as a trip down memory lane. 


My very first post featured AMG model Roy Bergen at his first of many sessions at Old Reliable in the fall of 1982.  OR called him Champ.  Years later, David Hurles, the proprietor of OR, said he probably had more photos of Champ than any other model.  At first that surprised me, considering how many OR models made multiple visits to David's home.  Then again, David admitted he fell hard for this guy. 


John Davidson (left) and Al Edmond in the AMG shower.  I'm sure I wasn't alone in my appreciation of John bringing his "marine buddy" with him that day. 

James Grimes.  There was just something about him. 🙄

Keith Long (left) and Brian Diaz at AMG, circa 1985.  Brian did a boatload of wrestling videos where he found himself on the receiving end.  I saw every one of them.  Twice. 

Ed Cheever by Bruce. 

Bill Gelzon and Eddie James compare muscles in the AMG film Escape of the Captive

I posted this AMG photo hoping to get the model names.  Alas, no luck.  


This one goes back to my days on Tumblr.  I was hoping to get a rear view of this handsome lad from (my guess) the early 1900s. 



1 comment:

  1. Cheever, one of the classic physique models of the Golden Age,
    Grimes, model of the later more explicit times, at full erection.
    How times changed, from the bodybuilders of the 40's & 50's:) to the street hustlers of the 60's & 70's.:(...:)

    ReplyDelete