Saturday, September 9, 2023

Helpful Henry

A reader named Henry recently wrote to tell me he was a big fan of the early AMG photos and sent me a few photos I may want to post to this blog.  Henry has been an AMG fan for a long time and his email had a wealth of information with the photos.  Thanks, Henry!  I'm sure they'll be appreciated by many! 

---------

First up is Tom Walker (left) and Ron Gossett -- one of Henry's favorite AMG pairs.  The file name says Don Gossett, but I found a reference for the film they made together where he was identified as Ron.  Unfortunately, the film was never released.  Ron or Don, he's a keeper!  So is Tom, for that matter.  


This is Henry's all time favorite photo of Jerry Jenkins.  It's a great photo. 


Meet Bill Eickstaedt.  That's a new name for me.  Henry says he has more photos of this guy.  I wonder if I can convince him to send them my way. 🙄


Ben Pascham holds a cigarette in this early AMG photo.  Henry reminded me Mizer was very anti smoking and refused to photograph men holding a cigarette.  But this was early AMG (1940s?) before Mizer took that position.  Henry also thought this photo may have been taken at Kovert's studio that Mizer used in the early days.  I posted a couple of photos from this session back in 2021.  Click the label. 


Finally, here's the clearest photo I've seen of Mike Dorsey.  Henry says you can clearly see the "berries".  He means the tattoo below the navel.  Although, that sheer pouch doesn't obscure much. 😁

Thanks again to Henry!  


4 comments: