Monday, November 18, 2019

Joe Cyr -- Part 4 of 6

Halfway down the rabbit hole in my journey to find more photos of Joe Cyr I found this photo.  I'll summarize my immediate reaction as best I can recall.  

"Are you kidding me?  There were two models called Joe Cyr working at AMG around the same time?  I mean, I know Mizer screwed up id's once in a while, but this guy doesn't look a damn thing like Big Joe.  WAIT!  Wait just one MFing minute.  That's Joey Sears on the left!  

I knew Joey posed for Pat Milo.  Apparently he posed for AMG, too.  So let's compare the names: Joe Cyr vs. Joe Sears.  OK, I see how Mizer got confused.  It explains the error.  But it doesn't excuse it.  I'm not bitter.  Really, I'm not. 

The second photo in this post is Joey Sears by Pat Milo.  As for Jim Wisdom, I don't recall ever seeing his photos in any publication. 

2 comments:

  1. There were 2 different Men who posed at AMG as JOE CYR. The earlier one was in 1961/1962 and he made 2 AMG short films with Jim Wisdom. There was another 1962 short wrestling film called "Wisdom v. Cyr". Those were the JOE CYR who was aka Jim Sears for Pat Milo.That Joe CYR had a "JOE" Tattoo on his shoulder upper arm. The better looking Beefier JOE CYR made several AMG short films in 1965. He had no Tattoos. Even GEVI to this day has the listing incorrect and thinks there was only one JOE CYR at AMG. You are absolutely correct that there were 2 different Men who posed at AMG as JOE CYR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were also 2 different men named JIM WISDOM at AMG. The one in this photo was called Jim Wisdom 2 by Mizer and was from Clevleand Ohio. Jim Wisdom 2 real name was Jeffery Weisheit.
    Jim Wisdom 1 was from Fort Worth Texas and was in the ARMY. Jim Wisdom 1 had Tattoos that indicated he was in the US ARMY 4th and was a Medic. Jim Wisdom was his real name.

    ReplyDelete